I think we hear it all the time...."whats your interest, what do you LOVE to do, what makes you happy....what, instead of wearing you out, FUELS you and energizes you?" Find that thing and DO IT!
For Alvaro one of those things has always been soccer....whether its watching, playing, or coaching. But then combine that love with a ministry and purpose behind it....and we have PASSION.
Every Saturday Alvaro volunteers at a school in Ft Myers where they plant garden beds to help feed the families of the school. This weekend being Cinco de Mayo they planned a bigger event and had music, food, and a little soccer tournament. Alvaro was put in charge of organizing the teams and coaches and being sort of the ref. Most of these kids have no access to team sports or have ever played an organized game like this. The smiles and excitement of these kids was obvious! Most of them talking....begging...to do this again and again and some parents on the sidelines telling Alvaro they had never even seen how good their child was at soccer! These kids want to be COACHED and led.
Let me just say this....as a wife, there is nothing much greater than watching your husband do something he loves...and doing it with PURPOSE. As I sat on the sideline I had a lot of thoughts of maybe our future babies one day being on that field with daddy, but really I just simply had a lot of JOY.






0 comments:
Post a Comment