I'm really loving this book as I slowly go through it....this one is put together as a devotional and split into nice small chapters. A couple of days ago this chapter really shot out at me! Loved the analogy and parallel of finding beauty.
Basically to sum it up, Ann speaks of how in the past she would get a vase down if and when her husband or kids would bring her in flowers.
Have beauty. Must get a vessel.
But when her husband bought her several vases she left them out unfilled as 'furniture' if you will...and so she had the revelation of
Have vessel. Now must find beauty.
and then she says this: "empty containers can make us seekers, hunters of glory. I need to find grace-beauty to fill the emptiness. not bought beauty only beauty that can be bought with attention....for those who can see the worlds beauty outweighs its burdens, its grace greater than its grime. what will I look for, to outweigh everything? Who will I look to to outweigh everything?"
love this idea of gratitude. of seeking beauty. of intentionality. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment