so it goes without saying that I'm really behind on pictures on this blog...let me just put an apology out to the universe by saying I'm sorry....I'm sorry for the judgments made "pre baby."
you see before Bella I thought life for new moms was a "walk in the park"...time off, snuggles with their bundle of joy, a lot of attention and meals, and a lot of free time of course with all that sleeping and napping babies are said to do....time to paint, try new recipes, do some cleaning, watch movies, create a Shutterfly photo book, update a blog.....you get the idea!
and so now I know and I apologize for the judgments of all you mommies out there- or maybe it is just me who feels like a list now is a waste of a piece of paper, that a shower means wiping my face with a towelette, that dinner is not a promise, that days could go by and I havent even touched the door knob to the front door leading to the "outside" world....
here I thought I was an amazing multi tasker and now I find myself swallowing my own pre baby judgments and thoughts. I'm in LOVE with Bella and don't get me wrong I do consider myself beyond grateful for this season: for her health, for the opportunity to be home with her and see her daily changing...but exhaustion comes with it and I learn to toss all my "to do's" out the window.
to all the mommies who have gone before me I have the utmost respect and now realize oh how wrong I was! first time mommy does not exactly equal "a walk in the park" but it does equal a life I wouldn't trade for anything....
that being said...I have a dream to update this blog soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Ha ha, i love this post :-)
Post a Comment