I LOVE everything about this beautifully written blog post that I've linked:
I might have told some of you about this blog that I love following...it's called Velvet Ashes and it's geared towards women serving overseas. I enjoy the fact I can get a sense of what it will be like for me as a woman, as a wife, and as a mom when we finally head over to Nicaragua. I'm encouraged to find truth and very real women doing life with their families as they serve God in the capacity that He's called them to. And that's what is so great about this post- she is so real and vulnerable. Isn't that true how we think we need to display some sort of "I've got it all together" attitude to show others Christ. I'm finding it's the opposite - as long as I've known Christ you'd think I'd have more together than I actually do- seems I'm more aware of my constant need of Him than ever, after all these years.
I related particularly to the "are you happy" wording of the article. This was one of the first questions I remember asking Alvaro Gomez in the first hours of meeting him in 2009. Being not in a great place myself in that season of life, I had decided to be up front, very direct and ask him if he was happy in life! I was craving REAL, authentic, and genuine in any new friendships and relationships I was about to start....and "are you happy" is a great convo starter for initiating authenticity.



0 comments:
Post a Comment